Saturday, March 31, 2012

nonwood therapy

        Its about 4;30a.m. Saturday morning and I'm just sitting here drinking my 1st cup of coffee.and it came to me how much of a drug induced society we are . We have to have that coffee in the morning to wake up ( unless you are like me I drink coffee all day) ,some of use take vitamins like they going out of style,Maybe an asperin or two just ward off that nagging little head ache you've had for the last 20 years.And then theres the allergy medicine Loads and loads of that too. As for me I also take Metformin for type 2 diabetes and a couple of other things I'm not sure what they do.My wife takes a multitude of different drugs because she has severe head aches all the time some days they work other no. Back in the day I use to take all kinds of drugs for fun or at least I thought it was fun I realise now that anything that has to be brought on with chemicals isn't any fun but it is dangerous. I'm wondering what people did a hundred years ago when all these drugs were not available.That could be why most of them died when they were 50yr. old . I really wonder if the quality of life is any better than it   was . Just wondering what do you think let me know....................................Rick                                      

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've touched on a very deep subject in my opinion my friend. It is also a subject that touches close to home for me. I regularly take medication to deal with pain issues that stem from a back injury I sustained in '99. There are days that I couldn't function without the little bit of relief the meds give me.
I don't remember the last time I was pain free. Some days I hurt bad enough that I take the pain meds. Some days it is bearable and I take none. I do this because I don't want to be completely dependant on drugs. Therefore, I don't even try to completely eliminate the pain with meds, only maintain a bearable state.