Thursday, June 27, 2013

Raised Strawberry planting bed

     I never go to Home Depot with out checking they're cull been , for those of that don't know thats where they put all the cutoffs and damaged wood. The prices go for anywhere between $.51 to $4.00 depending on the color of paint they put on it. I managed to get there just as they put some new wood in the bin it was all 2x6 both pressure treated and plain lumber most of it was atleast 4 ft. long .I bought it all for .51 cents each cost me all of $15.oo . the following is what I made from that lumber.


    Its a raised strawberry planter since my wife and I both have problems bending over for long periods of time We thought it would be nice to be able to stand up and pick strawberrys .  It measures 8ft. long and 2ft wide and is approx 39" tall with the planter box about 9" deep . I think it will work out really good for us eventho weve missed the strawberry season this year. I can hardly wait for next spring I love fresh strawberrys...........Thanks for looking Rick

No comments: