Sunday, September 19, 2010

We're going to build a house

Its been a little while since my last post so let me bring you up to date . I have not been working much as far as wood working projects. I've done a couple of small jobs but nothing worth mentioning . I did how ever pick up a much larger band saw last weekend at a yard sale. Its an old Craftsman 12" , its in really good shape. I got it for less than $50. The people had replaced the rubber tires on the blade wheels and they had put them on inside out so I switched them around and was up and cutting in no time.Now  I'll be able to resaw up to 8" wide boards that way I wont be wasting so much wood planning it down to thickness.   A car pulls up infront of the local lumber yard there are 2 men inside of the car. One of the men gets out and goes into the lumber yard and finds an attendant and tells him " I need a 4x2.  The attendant say's are you sure it's not a 2x4. The man says I don't know let me go ask my brother,so he goes out to the car and talks to the other man and soon returns and says "youre right it is a 2x4" . So the attendant ask him " OK how long do you need it?" The man once again ran out to the car and talked to the other man upon returning he told the attendant " Well we're going to need it quite a while we're going to build a house.......................

No comments: